The Cardinal Times Online

Yearly concert comes back again

Cardinalaires+perform+their+final+song+%E2%80%9CWhat+Would+Santa+Clause+Say%3F%E2%80%9D.+The+next+morning%2C+they+practiced+again+for+the+next+performance.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Yearly concert comes back again

Cardinalaires perform their final song “What Would Santa Clause Say?”. The next morning, they practiced again for the next performance.

The BPW Concert is an annual concert that the Cardinalaires perform at at the Methodist Church in Conway Springs. They do this concert on behalf of the BPW group of Conway. This year they performed seven songs together as a group, and each senior performed a Christmas song of their choosing as a solo on Nov. 29. The seniors also performed a song together as a group. This was their first performance of the group’s songs; the second was the high school Christmas concert on Dec 6.

“The solos were my favorite part.” senior Leslie Mies said. “If they were played a little better they would have been perfect.”

The songs were performed in the order of “Holiday Season,” “Eche Novum,” “We’re Going on a Sleigh Ride,” “Sending you a little Christmas,” “Little Saint Nick,” “Silent Night,” “Carol of the Bells,” and “What Will Santa Clause Say?”.

Three of the songs were choreographed; two of them by students, the other by teacher Stephanie Downey. Senior Audrey Doffing and Nathan Doffing created the dance for “Holiday Season,” and senior Leah Reep and junior Kelly Doffing created the dance for “What Will Santa Clause Say?”.

“We sang pretty good, but I didn’t know the choreography at all,” Nathan said. “In later years, I believe it will be better though.”

Despite the students’ claim to not know the choreography, the audiences still seemed to enjoy the performances.

“I thought it went pretty well; everyone did pretty good,” senior Chase Ast, who attended the BPW Concert, said. “(Senior) Maddie (Koester)’s solo was definitely my favorite.”