Students rehearse for upcoming Spring Play

Photo by Annette Berntsen

In the auditorium, seniors Ben Doffing and Caden Runnalls read through their parts with the rest of the group for the first time. The cast for the spring play began practice last Thursday.

Written by Annette Berntsen, copy editor

The high school drama department recently held auditions for the upcoming play “The Life and Times of Princess Sophia.” The play is about an adventurous princess on a quest to rescue her prince, meeting several interesting characters along the way. Students returning from the fall play include: seniors Makenzie Curry, Audrey Doffing, Benjamin Doffing, Lawrence Pauly, Caden Runnalls, and Molly Schmanke; juniors Annette Berntsen, Amy Zoglmann, and Neal Zoglmann; and sophomores Brynn Andra, Dakota Beck, and Molly Bender.

There are also a few newcomers: seniors Mariah Morris and Leah Reep; junior Kelly Doffing; sophomores Owen Balman and Rylie Thompson; and freshmen Abbygayl Botkin, Nathan Doffing, Allyson Lange, and Averie Stull.  

“We have a bigger cast, so it’s going to be different than years past,” Andra said. “I know a lot of people are already excited.”

Some of these new additions like the overall cast of the play.

“It’s a good group,” Kelly said. “They’re not judgmental, and they’re open and fun to be around. It’s a good environment.”

Play practices began last Thursday and will take place every Monday and Thursday, unless decided otherwise.

“I’m excited and ready to improve,” Stull said.