Stuco members elected for next year

Back to Article
Back to Article

Stuco members elected for next year

Before they give their speech, Stuco candidates gather on stage. Elections for the next year were held on Tuesday March 26.

Photo by Travis Wilson

Photo by Travis Wilson

Photo by Travis Wilson

Written by Stephanie Brozovich, editor-in-chief

As students begin to prepare for the next school year, they elect new Stuco members. On March 26, Stuco held the elections for next year. This year there were two teams running for president and vice president, and one candidate for treasurer.

“I like Stuco because you get to be in charge and help put on the activities,” junior Karlee Osner said.

Junior Jayden Stanley ran unopposed for treasurer. The two teams for president and vice president were junior Neal Zoglmann and sophomore Sadie Schmanke, and Osner with her brother, sophomore Colby Osner. Each gave their speeches right before the elections on Tuesday. For president and vice president, Zoglmann stated he and Schmanke wanted to send a message of unity and equality among the students. He felt classes were divided into their own cliques and wanted to unify them as cardinals.

“I’m really excited, “ Zoglmann said. “I feel Sadie and I can do some real good for Stuco.”

Voting resulted in Stanley as treasurer, and Zoglmann and Schmanke as president and vice president. In addition to Zoglmann’s message of unity, Schmanke said she wanted to improve school activities and get more students involved in these activities, including painting parking spots, movie nights, and coffee house nights.

“I feel pretty good,” Schmanke said. “I’m really excited and ready to accept the challenges ahead.”