Jaeger hopes to build FACS program

Photo by Janel Meyer

Darcey Jaeger goes over notes in the Introduction to FACS class. This class teaches about multiple different things, including future careers, cooking, and sewing.

Written by Janel Meyer, Yearbook Editor-in-Chief

Over the past semester, students have gotten to known the new teacher for the FACS classes. Darcy Jaeger, or more popularly known as Mrs. J by the students, has taken over the spot that was open for Conway’s FACS teacher, which stands for family and consumer science. 

“Being a stay at home mom inspired me to become a FACS teacher,” Jaegar said, “when I was doing all the cooking and cleaning.”

She has been doing many things to bring a fresh start to all her classes. She is currently working on improving the FCCLA program. For the first time in several years, some of the members are going to be competing in the competitions this year. Also, the students can do STAR events. The STAR events are service projects students will work on for a few months before the competition, and then students present what they have learned. She also hopes to have a few changes in her FACS classes.

“I would like to add more cooking classes to the FACS classes,” she said.

But Jaeger is not limited to just teaching those classes. In addition to FACS classes, she teaches speech and college speech. In the past, she taught at Belle Plaine as a long term sub and at Dodge City in Tech Education.

Jaeger’s hobbies include pickleball, dance, and traveling. She often goes to New York to visit her daughter who lives and works there. She also has four other daughters.

“I enjoy spending time with my friends, children, and my granddaughter,” Jaeger said.