Conway gets groovy at the Winter Semi-Formal

Photo by Tatum Wykes

During Winter Formal, senior Aidan May and sophomore Zane Zoglmann dance. The dance was held on Feb. 6 and put on by the student council.

Written by Averie Stull, editor in chief

After being rescheduled from December, Stuco was finally able to host the Winter Semi-Formal. Of course, necessary precautions were taken to ensure the safety of everyone attending. The dance lasted an hour and a half, instead of the usual three hours. Unlike past years, there was no photobooth or snacks, and the dance was held in the gym instead of the commons area.

“For the circumstances of this year, I think the precautions were definitely necessary,” freshman Mya Scott said. “Even though I was looking forward to the photo booth.” 

Despite the things the administration had to get rid of for the dance to be put on this year, students were still able to enjoy themselves.

“I liked that I was able to dress up and get swaggy,” junior Ian Solomon said. “I didn’t like that it was short.”

There were mixed opinions about the music. Some students really enjoyed the choices, while others not so much. 

“I’d say some of the songs were kinda boring,” senior Molly Bender said. “[They] didn’t have a lot of exciting songs that we could dance to.”

Many people had something to say about the music, as it seemed everyone was expecting something different.

“I think the music selection was very good for the most part,” Scott said. “I just wish there were more line dances so everyone could participate in dancing if they wanted to instead of standing around.”