Conway Springs Fall Play

Photo by Natalie

During the performance, sophomore Caitlyn May and senior Molly Bender act out an argument on stage over the cash register. The performance was on Saturday at 7 p.m. and Sunday at 4 p.m.

Written by Averie Stull, editor in chief

Last weekend,  Nov. 14 and 15, at 7 p.m. on Saturday, and 4 p.m. on Sunday, the drama department had the fall play. The play was called “Order Up,” and it was set in a fast food restaurant. The play featured many unique characters, such as the customer doing the potty dance and the employee screaming the orders.

““I think (the shows) went really good. I think when things went wrong, people improvised really well,” senior Rylie Thompson said.

The performance was significantly different from past productions. The cast was smaller than usual, with half the number of cast members than usual and many members having to play multiple characters. The cast was required to wear masks, which meant there could only be as many cast members as there were microphones.

“It wasn’t as bad as I thought it was gonna be, but it was still annoying,” senior Molly Bender said. “It’s hard to act with a mask covering your face.” 

The audience was also required to wear masks and do temperature checks as they walked into the building. There was a much smaller audience than past years, as tickets could only be pre-bought in the school office, and seats had to be reserved. 

These changes were precautions taken to ensure safety for everyone attending during the COVID-19 pandemic. 

There were many returning actors and actresses, along with a couple of new actresses. This play was sophomore Caitlyn May’s first play, who acted as two different customers. It was also sophomore Kara Zoglmann’s first time performing a play, and she acted as an employee. 

“I wanted (to be in) it for the experience,” Zoglmann said. “I enjoyed it (practice) so much last year before it got shut down.”