The Cardinal Times Online

One for the Books

Back to Article
Back to Article

One for the Books

Two final pictures capture Junior Kara Koester shooting free-throws and sophomore Heath Hilger going up for a lay-up. Photos courtesy of Tom Phillips.

Photo by Tom Phillips

Photo by Tom Phillips

Photo by Tom Phillips

Written by Tatum Wykes, photo editor

On Feb. 25, boys varsity traveled to Sedgwick for the first round of Sub-State. The boys were ranked seventh with a record of 6-13. They were coming off a win of 70-57 against Chaparral on Feb. 21, but the Sedgwick game ended with a loss for the varsity boys, giving them a final record of 6-14.

“We definitely improved as the season went on and played some of the best teams towards the end, but I still would like to improve efficiency and play at that level through the entire season,” sophomore Heath Hilger said.

Varsity girls are ranked second in the sub-state bracket with a record of 14-5. They won yet another game at Chaparral with a score of 44-28. On Feb. 26 during the first round of sub-state, the girls took the dub against Independent, taking them into the second round of sub-state, playing Leon-Bluestem on March 1 at 7:30.

“I feel there’s more pressure as the season progresses,” senior Kayla Koester said. “I’m excited but nervous for our next game. I think we’ll do fairly well. Whatever happens, happens.”